Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rubber-band Girl

Sorry, I haven't written in awhile!!! I'm still trying to get my bearings straight and recuperate from last week.  Like most of you I have a busy schedule and adding a college class into my schedule has stretched me thinner then ever.  Perhaps you have experienced this too, it's like when you know that if you were to add one more thing in your schedule you'd be stretched so thin that like a rubber-band  that is stretched beyond it's elasticity it breaks and stings the one who is closest and often the one holding it.  That was me last week, I had added another thing on top of my class and all my other things.  I was stretched beyond what I should have allowed and the resulting snap stung my youngest and myself.   Instead of responding in a nice but firm way to his growing requests for attention I sharply would snap at him "no, not now."   I had no patience for my little guys continual interruptions because I had no cushion in my schedule.  Once I had realized what I was doing I took him in my arms and apologized letting him know that it wasn't him but me.  That "mommy is just crabby because she has to many things to do and not enough time."  He forgave me, but then for an hour as only little ones can do he went on and on talking about my being crabby....lol!!! If that's no enough to aggravate an already overworked stressed out mom...lol.  For me though it broke the ice...I had to laugh at his comments and that released some of the tension in the air.  Though the tension was less, the weight of what I had yet to get done still weighed heavy on me.   I kept my eyes toward the goal of the end of the week when I could start anew, afresh with just the ordinary stress.  It was not until two days later that I finally was finished.

Lesson learned: Know my limits!!!!  Sometimes it's good to say no!!!!   I had added that one more thing into my schedule and I was stretched so thin I was unable to do my best in all the things I was responsible for and so most if not all suffered.  My family suffered for I was on edge and though physically with them I was not mentally.  Instead I was focused on the many things that were weighing on me.

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."                                                              Philippians 3:13-15


 

1 comment:

  1. For those of you who are wondering how my cabinet is coming along...it's not:( My goal is to start that this week and be able to post pictures for you by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete