Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HOPE in the Midst of Tragedy

In the wake of the tragic death of a young woman who've I've known since she was a young girl, I look to the one thing that consoles my heart.  That one day when I see Christ face to face all the pain, sorrow, and evil of this world will be a dim memory.  It all will pale in comparison to being in the presence of Jesus for all of eternity!  Today I grieve, grieve over the tragedy of her death and for the family that's left behind.  But though I grieve I have an eternal hope too!  The image of this young woman that keeps flooding my mind is from when she was just a young girl with freckles and a bright but somewhat shy smile.  I can't help but think that is how she looks now as she dances before Jesus.

There Will Be A Day

Jeremy Camp

from the album Speaking Louder Than Before

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

(Chorus)
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

(Chorus)

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your suffering and for this awful tragedy. Isn't it so comforting to know that we have something to hold on to? A promise of something better? My pastor once said "If you are a believer right now is as bad as it gets, if you are not a believer right now is as good as it gets." I don't know about you but I am sure glad that this is not as good as it gets for me.
    I will continue to pray for God's loving hand on this situation. May you be lavished in His love and comfort.

    ReplyDelete