Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Do You Want to Say “No” to Jesus’ Touch? | CCEF

Do You Want to Say “No” to Jesus’ Touch? | CCEF

This blog post by Winston Smith, a biblical counselor and faculty member of CCEF so aptly shows how shame and pride causes us to want to hide even from Christ. And it challenges us to consider the fact that we cannot clean ourselves and must allow Christ to do it for us. The first step being acknowledging just how filthy we have become.

I couldn't help but cringe as I read the story Smith shared in his post. My face contorting at the shame and misery the man must have felt. Along with the anguish Smith was feeling as he came upon the gentleman lying helplessly there. I could feel the mixed emotions both men were experiencing, both knowing what must be done. Both realizing it was a filthy stinking mess that could not get cleaned up on it's own. The one trying to maintain the personal dignity of the other, and wanting to remove the shame. The helplessness of Smith to completely remove that shame the other was feeling. The two men changing the subject and talking about anything else (I must admit made me chuckle a bit, in a knowing way).

I could relate to this article since at times I have felt as though my sin was as awful as that filthy mess, being afraid to go to the Father with it. And yet, as Smith so clearly points out in this article the only way to remove the shame is to allow Jesus to clean me thoroughly.

Check out the post yourself and let me know what you think!

1 comment: