Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Day - 12 Small Stones

towards

Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first
 

Day 12 - Small Stones


 Today I'm still blogging about living the abundant life in the midst of suffering.  Only today it's not my words.  I decided instead to share from  a devotional written by Corie ten Boom:

January 7
"It has been said that the removal of small stones which frequently encumber the fields does not  always increase the crop. In many soils they are an advantage, attracting the moisture and radiating the heat.  In an experiment the results of the removing the stones were so unfavorable to the crop that they were brought back again.  We often cry to God, as Paul did, for the removal of some thorn in the flesh.  Later experience teaches us that it was better for it to remain. 

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, 
persecutions, and calamities: for when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:10 RSV

Your strength, my weakness- here they 
always meet,
When I lay down my burden at Your feet:
The things that seem to crush will in the end 
Be seen as rungs on which I did ascend!
Thank you, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment