Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 24 - The Call to Holiness

toward
Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first

Day 24 -  "Be holy, as I am holy"

 

"but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,  
because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy."
1 Peter 1:15-16
There isn't a verse in all of Scripture that makes me want to throw a blanket over my head and say "Woe is me" as this one!  I would much rather focus on grace!  The reason it scares me is that I know full well that I am no where near holy and without the help of the Holy Spirit I absolutely never will be.  My heart fears that it is not even possible.  Yet there it is, right there in the very Word of God and it can not be ignored!  So Dear ladies over the next several days instead of pretending this verse and others like it don't exist I'm going ask God to show me what He means by those words.  Especially in light of the gospel and His grace.
 
Are you courageous enough to join me on this journey towards the abundant life in Christ?  If so, then don't shrink back from this, but instead in fear trembling ask God (as I am) to purify us from all unrighteousness so that we may be holy as he is holy! 
 Tonight I'm going to spend sometime with my hubby!  It's date night tonight we just finished playing a game and now we are going to watch a movie together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment