Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 19 - Hope Amidst Tragedy

toward
Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first

Day 19 - Hope



" In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we 
ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." 
Romans 8:26
 
In light of recent tragic events (our community is grieving yet another mass shooting) it is hard for me to write today...in fact I'm most likely going to keep this one brief.  It is hard for me to even fathom the thought processes of a person who does such a thing.  I am angry and grieved about the three who lost their lives and their loved ones!  As well, I'm grieved for those who were there, those who were wounded, and those who feared for their lives as they saw the horrific violence.    And I am also grieved that the shooter was so desperate that he saw this as a solution of some sort and for his family who has to live with his legacy.  Sadly, as I was watching the news report on t.v. about this tragedy I also was reading an article of a mass shooting in California.   

What does one say in light of such tragedy(s)?  I thought about all the scriptures I know and have clung to about suffering and the Holy Spirit being our comfort.  None seemed right.  Then the Lord, reminded me of the above verse.  It's so comforting to know that when we don't know how to pray or what to say we can be rest assured that the Holy Spirit knows and will Himself interecede for us!

Therefore, though I have no words of comfort today, I can point You to the One who does.  Dear One, fly to the arms of Jesus with all those emotions that are swelling up in you.  Pour it out to Him and know that He will intercede for you and all those affected by this tragedy!  


Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 
Matthew 5:4 

Past blog posts about suffering that my be of comfort or helpful to you are:
 
Day 17 - Pressing Through Fear
 
Day 11 - Better not Bitter

Day 10 - The Blessing of Suffering

HOPE in the Midst of Tragedy

No comments:

Post a Comment