Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 23 - Being a Good Steward of You - part 3

toward
Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first

Day 23 - Taking Care of You - part 3


Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. 
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is 
ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called 
me heavenward in Christ Jesus. [ Following Paul’s Example ] All of us, 
then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some 
point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 
Philippians 3:13-15


Originally yesterdays blog post was going to be my final post on taking care of you.   However, I feel that the Holy Spirit is leading me to speak a little more on it.  You can read part 1 here and part 2 here.  

This post is going to be fairly simple and to the point.

Persevere!  Don't let the enemy of your souls discourage you and bring condemnation!

When you discover you have gotten to the end of the day and haven't done your devotions don't beat yourself up!  Pray ask God to help you remember for tomorrow!  Then do them the next day!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

If you have missed doing them for days, don't give up!  Pray and just start where you left off!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

If you joined a Bible Study but didn't get your homework done or missed a couple times.  That's o.k.!  Go anyways you will still get something out of it!  Then pray and ask God to help you do the next lesson and get to the next class!  Then do it!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

If you miss 3 days of exercising just start the next!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

If you haven't worked out in 3 months, that's o.k. start fresh today!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

If you have eaten horribly for a week, don't give up!  Start right now eating healthier!

Pray! Forget what's behind! Press on!

Are you getting the picture!  We all fail!  We all want to live healthier lives both spiritually and physically but we all have bad days or sometimes months.  It's so easy to then fall into the trap of focusing on your failure and thinking you just can't do it and then give up.  Don't! You can do it!

I could get discouraged because this week I have only gotten one day of exercise in and it's already Thursday.  I also could focus on my failure and then the next day say to myself why bother.  In fact I have done that in the past.  I'm learning though that the best thing I can do for me is to begin again the next day.   Not next week or the first of the month, but tomorrow.  If I push it out then I am more likely to keep pushing it out and before you know it months have gone by.

The same can be true for our spiritual life.  We can be doing really good and then one morning we wake up and we just don't have the time for our quiet time.  So we think "I'll do it later", but then later never comes until it's bed time and we think "there is no way I can do it now."  "I'll do it tomorrow."  Only tomorrow the same thing happens and before we know it days can go by!  Am I right girls?  Do you know how I know this?  Cause I've been there!  Then we start berating ourselves, when instead all that is needed is for us to just quiet down and pick up our Bibles and begin where we left off.  This is not a matter of performing some sort of religious duty.  No, by no means!  It's about drawing near to Christ as He is revealed in the Old and New Testament. It's about reading the most exciting mystery, suspense, and love story ever written! As well as it's about having our hearts and minds washed and renewed by the Word so that we may love as Jesus loved and know and do the will of the Father.

So today dear ones forget what's behind!  Pick yourself up! Press on!  





2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog the last couple weeks but the last 3 days have been espeically teaching. Thanks for taking the time out to write so beautifully the words that God speaks through you. You have a gift of the written word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! I'm grateful for your encouraging words! I'm also glad that the posts were helpful, as yours have been for me:) Keep looking to Jesus the Author and finisher of your faith! And - Keep blogging! Can't wait to try some of your delicious recipes:)

    ReplyDelete