Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 14 or 16 Getting Back on Track = Day 14

towards

Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first

 Day 14 or 16, 14: Pressing on 

Well I was hoping I'd get a lot farther before I missed a day (besides the one night I was blogging really, really late)...I was doing pretty well... and I was really hoping to make it all the way to the end...but then we went up north (that's where all the gorgeous pictures for this series are from...though they were from past trips).  I did have a lot of fun Up North!  I was even able to get two short blog posts ready to be posted before I left.  I should have atleast done three, because when we got home Sunday night I was just too tired to bang one out.  Then the next day I was overwhelmed with laundry and what do I do now that I blew it.  Then today I confessed all this to my husband through eyes of tears and he said "just do the next one."  And I said "yeah", but then I had to wonder if it's that easy.  I mean technically this is day 16, because it's the 16th of the month.  So do I skip days 14 & 15.  I've decided that my husband is right: I'm just going to do the next one!  That means dear ladies that this is number 14 and if one of these days I have lots and lots of time I'll maybe get caught up and back on track!

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. 
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is
ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me 
heavenward in Christ Jesus. [ Following Paul’s Example ] All of us, then, who 
are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think  
differently, that too God will make clear to you."
Philippians 3:13-15 

What do you think the main subject of this particular post is going to be all about?  That's right!  Living the abundant life in Christ means that when we mess up, we confess it, and we begin again.  It also means we don't wallow in regret, self pity, or condemnation.   Instead we do as the Apostle Paul did, we too choose to forget.  Therefore today, I'm going to choose to not beat myself up for missing two days.  Instead I am going to rejoice that God's grace is sufficient!  And tomorrow I'm going to blog day 15.

Dear sweet sisters, are you living with regret?  Do you beat yourself up for past sins?  Have you confessed it?  Have you forsaken it?  Have you asked for forgiveness from the one(s) that you need to (if you do)?  Have you done everything to try and make it right (if you can or need to)?  If you have, then know that you are completely forgiven in Christ and press on!  Stop looking back.  Unless it is to share the transformation Christ has done in your life and to warn others from going down the same path.  Otherwise press on!

Praying for you tonight, that you would trust in the one who judges justly!  That you would know that you are a child of God, and if you don't know what that means you'd go to Day 1  here and Day 2 here to find out more.  Praying also, that you would be keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus who is the author and finsher of your faith (Hebrews 12:2).  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment