Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 - Surrendered Heart

towards

Abundant Life

If this is your first day here you may want to read here first
 

Day 9 - Surrendered Heart


He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying,  
“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, 
not as I will, but as You will.
Matthew 26:39-43 

Did you know that when Jesus was praying that prayer He was in agony.  So much so that His sweat became droplets of blood. Luke 22:44 says:"And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground."  

Christ was not just saying a bunch of words here, nor was it easy in any way for Him to surrender! 
Just like Christ, whenever I need to release someone or something to God I find it to be hard too!   In fact I've never found it to be easy once. No it's not easy, but it is necessary if you want to live the Abundant Christian life!  

Praying dear sisters, that you and I can live lives that are completely surrendered to the Will of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment